Standing Strong With Immigrant Workers
UNITE HERE members hail from all corners of the planet. Together, we are building a movement to empower immigrants and all workers across North America to achieve greater equality and opportunity.
Current U.S. immigration policy has become a blueprint for employer manipulation and abuse, causing both immigrants and U.S.-born workers to suffer. That’s why UNITE HERE, in conjunction with the AFL-CIO and thousands of immigrant rights activists, is pushing for comprehensive, worker-centered, and commonsense immigration reform and an end to criminalizing enforcement strategies.
When employers abuse immigrant workers or try to divide us, all workers get less. We know that the only way to provide for our families is by standing together.
Together, we look forward to the time when aspiring citizens, in UNITE HERE and throughout the United States, are welcomed as full and equal Americans.
UNITE HERE: Standing Strong With Immigrant Workers
Since our founding a century ago, UNITE HERE has been a union of and for immigrants and immigrant rights.
UNITE HERE: Principles for Immigration Reform
- Immigration reform is comprehensive, not piecemeal
- Immigration reform includes a pathway to citizenship
- Immigration reform reunites separated families, including LGBTQ families
- Immigration reform outlaws abuse of guest workers
- Immigration reform respects and protects the dignity of every human being
- Immigration reform ends “divide and conquer” tactics employers use to separate the power of citizens and aspiring citizens
UNITE HERE members and allies continue to mobilize for comprehensive immigration reform and dignity for all immigrants.