UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union Local 226 hosted a series of seven Town Halls throughout November, December, and January in Las Vegas with Senator Kamala Harris, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Bernie Sanders, Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Amy Klobuchar, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Tom Steyer to hear more from leading 2020 Democratic contenders on where they stand on issues that matter most to our members: creating more good union jobs, healthcare, immigration, and more.
Hundreds of hospitality workers who are members of UNITE HERE’s Culinary and Bartenders Unions in Nevada—joined by UNITE HERE members from key swing states like Florida, Michigan, and Pennsylvania—packed into our Las Vegas union hall to hear from the candidates.
- Associated Press: Powerful union to host Biden, Warren, Sanders in Nevada
- The New York Times: Where Housekeepers, Bartenders and Cooks Wield Vast Political Clout
- The Washington Post: Former Trump workers share a stage with Joe Biden — and blast their ex-employer
- Politico: Nevada ‘demoralized’ by all-white Democratic top tier
- Associated Press: Biden campaign acknowledges ‘pain’ of Obama-era deportations
- Las Vegas Sun: In Las Vegas, Sanders receives cheers, pushback on health care plan
- Las Vegas Review Journal: Elizabeth Warren slides by prickly health care question at Culinary Union town hall
- Nevada Independent: Thousands of Culinary workers keep the Strip running. Now, Democratic presidential hopefuls need their help too.
- UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union to host town hall with Tom Steyer in Las Vegas, January 16
- UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union hosts Town Hall events with Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Steyer in Las Vegas, January 11
- Vice President Biden and Senator Warren to tour Culinary Health Center, Senator Sanders to tour Culinary Academy of Las Vegas
- UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union hosts Town Hall events with Warren, Sanders, and Biden in Las Vegas, December 9-11
- UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union Hosted Town Hall with Senator Kamala Harris in Las Vegas, November 8