For immediate release
January 8, 2020
WHAT: Town Halls with union members and Senator Amy Klobuchar, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Tom Steyer to discuss issues important to working people in the 2020 U.S. presidential race. Candidates will also tour the Culinary Health Center while they are in Las Vegas.
WHO: Hundreds of UNITE HERE Culinary Workers Union Local 226 and Bartenders Union Local 165 union members in Las Vegas, with leading contenders in the Democratic presidential primary. The event is not open to the public.
WHEN & WHERE: Culinary Union, 1630 South Commerce Street, Las Vegas, NV 89102.
- Saturday, January 11th, 2020: UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union Town Hall with Senator Amy Klobuchar at 10:00am.
- Media arrival: 9:30am. Media RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNHt1l4sRE58J0QQZRZuByZL1RFGbSldgtufNvwkOJUj8jRQ/viewform.
- Note: Event subject to change based on U.S. Senate schedule.
- Saturday, January 11th, 2020: UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union Town Hall with Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 11:00am.
- Media arrival: 9:30am. Media RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLOGF034r7ebslcykCELaW_GJqts3HRnHFA2Wb08Yf24jUGw/viewform
- Thursday, January 16th, 2020: UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union Town Hall with Tom Steyer at 10:00am.
- Media arrival at 9:30am. Media RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtDpQDl_yTt1kVbJtKaC9V3x6brtuyBSW6xodMNU4mOmuV4w/viewform
All media must RSVP for access. Space will not be available prior to indicated media arrival times. Reserved parking for media and satellite trucks on West New York Avenue and South Commerce Street.
WHY: UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union is hosting a series of Town Hall events in Las Vegas with leading Democratic candidates in the 2020 U.S. presidential race to discuss issues that matter most to its union members: Creating more good union jobs, healthcare, immigration, and more. In Nevada and across the country, UNITE HERE is united in one common goal: One Job Should Be Enough — enough to go to the doctor, to raise a family, to retire with dignity, and to live the American Dream.
Las Vegas is home to UNITE HERE’s largest locals — Culinary Workers Union Local 226 and Bartenders Union Local 165, representing more than 60,000 members in Las Vegas and Reno. In Nevada, for 85 years, UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union has built an organizing powerhouse that has made the critical difference in local and statewide races for political candidates supporting working families. UNITE HERE has committed to a substantial investment for its GOTV work, with major communications and grassroots voter outreach programs in Nevada, Arizona, Florida, and other key states in play in the 2020 election.
The events in January are part of a series of Town Halls that UNITE HERE’s Culinary Union is hosting, featuring leading Democratic candidates in the 2020 election.