Health and Safety Resources for Workers at Home and in the Workplace
Every day, COVID-19 is spreading, including in workplaces like ours. As we organize and demand that the hospitality and food service industries prioritize safety for everyone, we do what is in our power to protect ourselves and our families.
For those of us who have been working throughout the pandemic and for those of us who are or may be returning to work soon, here are some simple guidelines to work safely:
- Always wear your MASK. My mask protects you; your mask protects me. Masks must cover mouth and nose.
- Practice SOCIAL DISTANCING of 6 feet. Limit time interacting with anyone closer than 6 ft.
- Avoid unsafe work areas and REPORT to management
- Don’t touch your eyes and face, and WASH HANDS frequently
Please refer to links below for FAQ and detailed resources from OSHA and the CDC on how to stay safe and educate ourselves and our coworkers.
For news & resources specific to your affiliate or local, click here.
How do I Stay Safe at Work? >
- How to Wash Hands Posters English/Español/Chinese
- How to Remove Gloves English/Español/Chinese
- How to Put On and Take Off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) English/Español
- CDC: Stop the germs guide English/Español/Chinese/Hindi
- CDC: Prevent Getting Sick: How to Protect Yourself English/Español/Chinese
- OSHA: Protecting Workers During a Pandemic
- OSHA: Preventing Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC Airport Retail and Food Worker Guidelines
- CDC Airline Catering Kitchen Worker Guidelines
- CDC Airline Catering Truck Driver and Helper
I Think I Might be Sick or Infected. What Do I Do Now? >
- “Do I need to get tested for COVID-19?” English/Español/Chinese
- “What should I do if I’m diagnosed?” English/Español
- “What if I’ve been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?”
- CDC: Self-Checker
- CDC: What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 English/Español/Chinese
- CDC: U.S. COVID-19 Case Summary (updates daily)