Join housekeepers’ fight to Come Back Stronger. If you’re booking for an organization, include automatic daily housekeeping in your contract.
Model contract language:
Notwithstanding any express or implied language in the contract to the contrary, from [start date of event] to [end date of event], the Hotel will:
- provide daily cleaning of all rooms occupied by guests of <organization’s name>;
- will not require that guests opt-in to daily housekeeping, not offer guests an option to decline daily housekeeping and not offer guests incentives to participate in a “Green Choice” or any similar program at the time of check-in or through the online reservation system;
- remove all advertising materials regarding “Green Choice” or similar incentive programs from guest rooms;
- sanitize daily all public or gathering areas (including but not limited to lobbies, restaurants, meeting space, restrooms, and employee break rooms); and
- clean and disinfect high touch areas and surfaces daily –including in guest rooms – such as light switches, toilets, bathroom fixtures and glass surfaces.
This contract establishes minimum safety and cleaning standards. If either the Hotel, the State government or the local government requires more frequent cleaning or more rigorous safety measures than this contract, the more frequent cleaning and rigorous safety standards will be followed during [organization]’s event between [start date and end date].
The Hotel will provide a copy of each of its written safety and cleaning plans, including any written safety and cleaning plans distributed to Hotel employees, upon request from [organization] at any time between the execution of this agreement and [end date of event].